You’ve got it right, Botdream project is now going into Sleep mode (no to say Halt!).
Things are now getting complicated, too much work, no time for family and hobby, some personal life changes occurring, make the botdream robot project far away from his goal, so I’ve decided to re-think on this blog content and maybe start something new from scratch that will have a conclusion! I got a bit lost with some other projects (that were also interesting, here are some examples of what I’ve been doing:
- Making some tests with PIC 18F4550 to work with a CNC (Interface with the Step Motor driver)
- Testing Linux Ubuntu OS (only at normal user level)
- Exploring Debian command line with the SLUG project
- Getting into Linux Embedded Development for Bifferboard hardware (from March to October 2009):
- Giving my first steps into Linux Embedded World
- Testing Linux OS OpenWrt with Kernel 22.214.171.124 for Bifferboard
- Beta tester for the I2C communication Bus over Bifferboard OpenWrt (found that I2C Slave device Write command was hanging I2C bus - software bus)
- Streaming 2 webcams with Bifferboard+OpenWrt+MjpegStreamer (not documented due to lack of time for final tests and wiki)
- 1st wiki post BB hardware related: Power bifferboard from 12VDC battery
- 2nd wiki post over BB OpenWrt SO: Use Bifferboard as Serial-to-Network adapter
- 3rd wiki post over BB OpenWrt SO: Connect to Internet using a Huawei Mobile Broadband Modem
- 4th wiki post over BB C and dietlibc development with a GPS module: Connect to a Serial GPS
- Testing several wifi dongles to work with BB OpenWrt (checkBB mailling-list)
- Exploring Bifferboard alternative OS that runs from 1MB internal flash with kernel 126.96.36.199: BB Kernel+Initrd (OnBoard-Flash-System)
- Creating some nice scripts to help getting BB OnBoard-Flash-System up and running quickly: BBOnBoardFlashSystem-188.8.131.52
- Beta-testing new I2C stuff for the OnBoard-Flash-System: got it running thanks to Biff
- Beta-Testing new GPIO functionality for the OnBoard-Flash-System: BBGPIO
- … and some other cool projects that I still have in my drawer (on of them a new Linux powered robot)!
So things got a bit off-track, a little more into the Linux world that requires some hard work and lots of free time to keep up with the community! No Pics and robot development for quite some time, so that is why I’m re-thinking on my blog content, I guess that I prefer to share something that I can really follow instead off having some old posts that are pretty well explained in some specialized blog!
I will also be moving from webhosting server (hostmonster / bluehost S#cks - they don’t keep up with their promises), still haven’t decided if will mirror the botdream related stuff. Slug stuff will live, slug rocks!
Thanks for all your support, hope to be back soon!